Explaining the Procedure
Dental Implant Surgery?
Dental implant surgery is a technique that uses prosthetic teeth to take the place of missing teeth. The dental surgeon places an implant that serves as an anchor point for the new tooth and recreates the same look and function of the original tooth.
The implant consists of a titanium screw and an attachment point for the replacement tooth. The screw is surgically placed in the jaw where the tooth is needed and, after a healing period, the screw fuses into the jawbone. After the fusion is complete, the prosthetic tooth can be attached.
The prosthetic tooth is typically a bridge, denture or crown custom-made to fit the look of the patient’s other teeth and fit on the implant.
Detailing the Process
Dental Implant Surgery
There are several steps involved in performing dental implant surgery.
- The patient will need to consult with a dental professional before the process. Dental implants are not universally correct solutions for every dental problem and situation. An examination of the patient’s oral health needs to occur to determine the best course of treatment. If the chosen measure is dental implant surgery, then the patient can move on to the next step.
- The dentist and the patient have to prepare for the procedure. This typically involves getting scans, x-rays, and impressions of the patient’s teeth and gums. This is used to plan the surgical procedure and determine if any preparatory measures (like bone grafts) are necessary.
- During the implantation procedure, the patient is given sedation or a local anesthetic to ensure that there isn’t undue suffering during the procedure. The metal screw of the implant is then surgically installed in the jawbone.
- After the surgery is complete, the patient waits for 3 to 6 months as the jaw heals around the implant. During the healing process, the bone and implant undergo osseointegration to fuse together.
- When the implant is fully fused with the jawbone, the tooth can be attached to the implant.
Variations on the procedure may vary depending on how many implants are required and the patient’s unique needs.
What Our Happy Patients Have To Say
Efficient and Effective Service
Do You Need
Please contact us if you need dental implants. Our expert team of technicians is here to ensure you have a great experience and leave with the smile you deserve.